Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm feeding company on food storage!!

I'm having friends over in just a few hours. I haven't had the best week, some of my kids woke up sick Monday morning, which threw my whole week off. I normally always shop on Tuesdays. But alas that did not happen. If fact it's Wednesday and I haven't even been to the store!!! I am having company tonight, so maybe you think I am a wreck. Nope, we've got plenty to eat in this house and plenty of options that are "company" worthy. And this is what I came up with for tonight!!


3 jars of Pergo
2 Lb. of Spaghetti
1 loaf of frozen bread dough that I made earlier this week
Minced garlic
Butter
Italian seasoning
Lettus from last weeks shopping trip
Tomatoes
Croutons
Salad dressing

I made spaghetti for dinner tonight, I am sure this is not a surprise to most of you that I came up with this from food storage, but I did come up with an amazing side we like to call cheese sticks. I make it from my bread dough and it's very difficult; no it's really not I am lying! Whenever I try out a new recipe my family looks at me blankly and asks, "Why didn't you just make cheese sticks?" Yep it's that good. And so easy. I froze some dough I made last week and let it thaw out today. By dinner time all I did was roll out the dough. In a cup I added,

4 T butter
1 T Italian seasoning
1 T minced garlic
2 cups cheese for the topping

I like to put cornmeal on the bottom of the dough so it doesn't stick!! Bake at 450 until golden and brown!! How easy is that!

Here is an easy way to make a beautiful drink on very little $$$. I store country time lemon aid in my food storage. I mix it up, add a lemon and a can of Sprite! I have honestly had more than a hand full of people ask we for my drink recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment