Thursday, February 24, 2011

All Things Food...

I have an obsession. It's with food. I like it. Actually I love it. I love to buy it, I like to collect it, I like to hoard it, I like to cook with it, can it, freeze it, dry it, organize it and probably most of all EAT IT! My love of food is even safety conveyed in the invention of this blog and my ever expanding waist line!! I am telling you I have a problem. It makes me so happy to cook. I will even cook knowing I am making a hug mess that I have to clean up later, now that is saying something. I secretly wish I would be called to be the food storage expert in my ward, because I want to, I know I will never be. When Steven and I got married we read an article in the Ensign that talked about the importance of food storage. So we tried to do it. I bought a food safe plastic bucket and put a 20 lb bag of flour in it and that was the beginning of this. . .






I now have all my full year supply numbers completed! It does feel good. But to be honest it then created another problem of learning to cook with it all and mainly the half ton of red and white wheat I have in my house. But since I like to cook and especially bake, it has lead to a house full of cookies, rolls, pies, bread and dumplings! (Yep it made me a dumpling as well). Here are my rolls; I think they look a little better then they tastes so I am still working on them . . .




Needless to say I can now probably add cooking to the top of my list of favorite things to do in the kitchen!! (Hey it's more productive then my second favorite hobby . . . shopping.) As a side note, I can safely say there are two ways in which I would not like to die; being burn at the stake or starvation. Since I can control the later here is the extreme I feel necessary in order to make sure my last wishes are well known. So, happy eating from a new foodie on the blogs!

1 comment:

  1. I plan to make my pantry as goodlooking as yours! Wow!!! Thanks for the inspiration and I plan to keep reading your food storage blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete